picture

picture

Sunday, June 10, 2018

My excuses

I just realized that besides the last post about Lucy being 18 months it had been 2 months since I had written anything on our blog.

We have been so busy with life right now! This past spring Liam wanted to play basketball so we had a couple of classes through the Parks Department so he could learn more about the basics.

Caroline tried out gymnastics for the first time as well which didn't go as well as we had hoped. She was very excited about the idea of gymnastics but once class started getting her to participate was a challenge. Without bribery of cookies afterwards she just wasn't really interested in talking to her teacher or doing any of the activities. I offered her to sign up for another class like soccer or making jewelry but she said, "no thanks" and seemed perfectly content with the idea of staying at home.

This past spring I also agreed to take on PTO at Liam's school. I was the chairperson for the school carnival which took place in May and so almost every free moment I had at home was organizing and contacting all of the right people to make it a success. I was also made the vice president and then the president of PTO due to some other responsibilities that caused those people to back out so I've been a very busy lady! I do enjoy it though and have always been a person who likes to serve. We'll have to see how this next school year goes.

At our church I have been able to participate in a Mom's group Bible Study which meets every Sunday night where we discuss a book that we are currently reading. This has been a great thing for me to meet other women in our church and also to have a great support system for concerns and prayers.

Evan has been very busy at work as usual and then also trying to cross off lots of home improvement projects.

Now that we are out of the baby stage I also hope to have a garage sale this summer to clear some things out that we won't need again.

And it doesn't help that for some reason I can't seem to get my IPhone pictures onto my computer anymore so I don't have that excitement to share pictures of the kids to the blog. These are my terrible lame excuses. I'll try to do better this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment