picture

picture

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! 

I was so lucky to spend Friday with my mom and dad. They came over and helped with a little bit of gardening. It's always greatly appreciated! 

At preschool Liam had a Mothers Day Tea which was so great! He and his classmates sang us two songs and then we got to do a craft together and decorate a cookie. 


Today I got to have breakfast in bed! Crepes made by my husband and presents from my children. After church we ate out and all took naps. Sounds like a great day so far right? 

After running some errands this afternoon by myself I remembered that I wanted to take Liam to a movie. So off we went to the movies and he was beyond excited! Unfortunately this is where the day goes downhill. I forgot that this theater had assigned seating and since we showed up right on time it meant that there was only seats available in the front row. I am not going to pay $14 to crank my neck and only be able to see half of the screen. So we left. Liam was so disappointed. I felt terrible too. But I promised him I would take him sometime this week. Mom fail #1. 

Once coming home I made the kids dinner where Caroline refused to eat. Mom fail #2.

All night we have been struggling with Caroline's hitting. Ugh. 

But through all of these up and down moments one thing remains constant. I am their mother. They look to me when they are happy and they look to me when they are sad or mad or being naughty. Being a mom is tough. It's nice to have a day to be celebrated but the reality is that we don't get a whole day. A half of a day maybe. And they are totally worth it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment