picture

picture

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Strawberries galore

This past week I decided to head out to the strawberry field outside of town and pick strawberries for the first time with the kids. Growing up my mother always dragged us out of bed in the early summer mornings in June. I remember having quite the attitude about just getting out of school and then not being able to sleep in like every other kid I knew. 
I am now, of course, thankful for those memories and just had to pass the experience down to my children next. 
Liam was an excellent helper as usual. And Caroline liked to pick the green strawberries and then eat as many red ones that I would allow. 
We left with 9 lbs of strawberries. 
I have made strawberry jam. Strawberry shortcake and strawberry pie. We have been eating our strawberries with everything and at every meal. They are so delicious. 

This is one tradition that will definitely continue every year. It's simply too delicious not too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment