picture

picture

Thursday, July 12, 2012

What's not to love about Mickey Mouse?

Tonight I decided to check out Fantasia from our library. I remember bits and pieces of this Walt Disney favorite but not a lot. I was excited to let Liam watch it and excited to see how he would react to the music and cartoons.

I must say we started it from the beginning and while it was a little slow getting started it was very similar to his Baby Einstein movie that we used to let him watch. (I quit playing that because I didn't like the keyboard music instead of true instrumental music and I also thought the running video of different toys was kind of dumb, not so sure why it gets the name Baby Einstein) But anyway, great symphony music playing with flashing lights is how it starts and than it finally gets to the part that we all remember: The Sorcerer's Apprentice! This would be the part where Mickey Mouse is controlling the brooms with magic until the brooms overwhelm him and he finally needs to be saved by the sorcerer himself.

Liam loved it! Well most of it. He really enjoyed and sat through about 30 minutes of the DVD. The part he wasn't too sure of? The brooms may have been a little too scary for him. Not in the beginning of course but when the music is at its peak and they have multiplied in number. When Mickey was frightened himself and drowning in the overflowing water, yeah that part, maybe just a tad, just a weensy bit too scary for an 18 month old.

Did I mention that it had been years since I had seen Fantasia??? Let's hope he doesn't have nightmares tonight.


1 comment:

  1. Aim and Katie love that movie! They loved the music, the elephants, but I remember having heavy reservations because I thought parts of it were really scary too!

    ReplyDelete