Liam has always been a great sleeper. We can put him to bed between 7:30 and 8 pm and he usually does not get up until 7:30 am or sometimes later. I have loved this.
Recently due to a time change we have not been so lucky. We are still putting him to bed at the same time but now it's 5:30 am that I hear his door open and close and his little feet come running into our bedroom. At first it was 6 am and so I just let him climb into bed with us. It was only for 3-4 days that I allowed this before I realized that I was setting myself up for failure. And to prove me right, he has begun rising earlier and still running into our room. Now I force myself to get up, take him by the hand and return him to his own room. Where he will continue to sleep until 7 am. Me? Not so much. I lay awake in my own bed trying to shut down my brain which has already begun to think of all the things you think of while you're trying to get to sleep such as, What if Liam grows up to be a real jerk?, -or- What if Liam falls in love with a girl who's a real jerk? -or- What if I die in a plane crash, will Evan be able to find another woman as wonderful as I am to help him raise our son? I mean he's got zero game and the only reason we're together is because I kept pestering him on the bus when we were 16, asking him questions even though he would hardly talk to me.
These are all serious questions that I must try to answer at 5:45 in the morning. Until I give up and get up around 6:30.
The only bad part about all of this is I am falling asleep at 8 pm. Which means that when Liam gets me up at 5:30 I actually feel refreshed and the whole cycle continues.
I must stop the vicious cycle! But the couch and my favorite blanket just keep calling my name.
Hahaha, I love the questions you ask yourself. Hahaha
ReplyDelete