Once in awhile you get lucky...
Sunday afternoon before naptime, Evan was already asleep on the couch downstairs and Liam and I were playing upstairs. Until I laid down on the floor due to my lack of sleep (see previous post) and Liam asked me this:
"Why you laying down Mommy?"
"Well, Mommy is tired because someone keeps coming into my room in the wee hours of the morning while it's still dark outside and it's not time to get up yet. Do you know who that could be?"
"That's me! I like coming in your room."
"Well, I'm not such a big fan because then I can't get back to sleep and that makes me very tired. Maybe next time you wake up and its still dark outside you should stay in your own bed."
I had zero hope that this was going to have any impact on Liam's thinking at 5:30 am but I was wrong. Since that discussion Liam has stayed in bed, in his own room for the last 3 days. Here's hoping this will last forever.
What a thoughtful little guy :-)
ReplyDelete