I did it! I actually went to the mall by myself and only purchased things for myself. It was really hard by the way. It was hard not to go straight to the children's section, for my children; or the mens section, for my husband. I forced myself to stay on the main level with the women's clothes.
Back before I was married or had children I'm sure I was very judgmental of mothers wearing their sweats to go shopping or going out in public without any makeup on. I often wondered why they couldn't put forth a teensy bit of effort to make themselves look good.
Ten years later I am that mother still wearing her yoga pants grocery shopping and I have not done yoga or any form of exercise all day nor do I intend to.
So that is why yesterday I felt it so important to only shop for myself.
Just don't ask what was in my bag.
75% of it was yoga pants.
This is SO true! I wear my sweats and no make-up when out running errands, even more than I'd like to admit. It just takes SO much more effort now that there is another person(s) needing you.
ReplyDelete