This past weekend I was gone at a women's retreat with my church and so Evan was filling me in on his weekend with the kids.
Apparently Liam had a very difficult time going to bed Saturday night, which is very unlike him, he kept telling him that he was scared and kept thinking of the Alvin and the Chipmunks Halloween movie we let him watch occasionally. So, Evan told him that if he is going to be scared of those movies then he probably shouldn't watch them anymore. Liam said, "Yeah, let's take a break from those Dad."
On Sunday when I came home we were at the table finishing our dinner and I suggested to Liam that we tell stories to each other. Liam got very excited and immediately said he wanted to tell a Halloween story. To which I said that maybe that wasn't a good idea since he was scared the other night before bedtime because of the chipmunks and we should think of another story to tell. Here is our story, narrated by Liam:
L: "I think we should tell a Christmas story! Once upon a time....(said in a scary voice)
M: "Liam! it's not supposed to be scary! You said Christmas remember!" (laughing)
L: "Oh right! Ok, Once upon a time there were three kids inside their house (still in a scary voice) named Violet, Eli and Liam. And they were wrapping presents and decorating gingerbread houses when they heard the door go crrrrreeeeaaakkk..... (very scarily)
M: "Liam! Christmas! Keep it about Christmas!"
L: "Then who should be at the door Momma?"
M:" Santa is at the door. And he had presents for all the kids, they opened them all and everyone drank hot chocolate. The End."
He clearly cannot tell an un-scary story. And it's hilarious.
LOL this kid cracks me up
ReplyDelete