picture

picture

Sunday, January 10, 2016

A look back at Christmas

Since I'm in the mood to look back at 2015, let's talk Christmas.

Our Christmas was so wonderful. It is truly my most favorite time of the year. Liam and I listened to Christmas music as much as humanly possible. In the car, at home and then I would also listen to it all day at work. I am still sad that I can't listen to my Christmas songs anymore.

Liam basically decorated the tree this year. He loved helping me go through our ornament boxes, unwrapping everything and then finding a good spot to place the ornament on the tree.




 We were able to buy a couple of gifts again for some organizations that help families in need. Liam went with me to the store and helped pick out some nice floor puzzles. I thought he understood that they were for other children, since I had told him that at least 12 times in the store but once we got home he proceeded to rip the cellophane off of one puzzle and try to open the box. Thankfully, Evan was paying a bit more close attention then I was and quickly stopped him.

Liam had his first Christmas concert with his Preschool. We loved hearing the three songs that he memorized and watching him up on stage with all of his friends.

Liam with his friends Anthony and Roger


Our trip to see Santa went well. Caroline wasn't too sure, and it didn't help that Santa said to her, "Don't cry." Well, Santa, she wasn't even thinking about that until you said it so thanks for that. However, she quickly decided that I was staying close and there was no need to be dramatic since Liam had already been talking to Santa for 5 minutes and seemed perfectly content about it.



Christmas Eve and morning was with my family and then that afternoon we were able to see Evan's family as well. Caroline really didn't get the whole opening presents idea. Liam and I would open her present just a little bit and encourage her to finish taking the paper off but she just wasn't interested. And at the Walles Christmas she received her first present which was a purse from Uncle Ethan and then played with that purse for the entire afternoon. Despite showing her new presents and toys that the rest of the family got for her.

Caroline seeing for the first time her baby doll crib and highchair the day after Christmas.



 My sister, Adriane, came home from Philadelphia and so we were able to spend most of the week with her. Unfortunately with all the rain we received right after Christmas our sewer line backed up into the basement so we had to deal with that during our vacation week. Which was not ideal and really stunk up the whole basement and the whole house. Thankfully it was not as expensive this time to fix as it was two years ago.

All in all, we are truly blessed with a wonderful family and lots of love. And of course we celebrate the true reason for the season, Jesus' birthday. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment