picture

picture

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Go Go White Sox



Sometime in July, Evan and I woke up on a Sunday morning and thought to ourselves let's be completely insane and take the whole family to a White Sox game. Evan didn't really think it sounded that crazy. I thought it sounded like a nightmare to take a baby and a 3 year old to a 3 hour ball game but I was told that it would be fine. Evan and Liam had a great time.

Should I leave it at that?

Lucy and I watched the first inning. Then she got hungry so we went to the bathroom where I nursed her and she fell asleep for about 30-45 minutes. While I was gone Evan said Caroline was....a 3 year old. Constantly moving up and down the aisle of seats, swinging her new metal water bottle that we just received as the free gift and almost hitting the people's heads in front of them. Once Lucy and I got back up to where they were seated we all went back down to find some food. Once we got the food then we went to the kids area. Once again, Evan and Liam had a great time. Lucy, Caroline and I were stuck on the other side of the doors of the kid area because Evan had bought a giant tub of popcorn that you aren't allowed to take into the kid area. Since I knew that the giant tub of popcorn most likely cost $15 I was less inclined to throw it in the trash. But as I sat eating out of the giant tub of popcorn all by myself I realized first how sad I looked and then also how it didn't even really taste that good. Once I threw it away we all took off to find the boys. They were in fact having a great time.

We finally went to sit down only to realize it was now the 9th inning. The good part was the Sox hit a home run to win the game and we were illegally sitting along the 3rd base line fairly close to the field. That was exciting! When he hit the homerun Evan picked up the nearest kid, realized it was Caroline who could have cared less about the game in front of her, put her down and picked up Liam who again, was having a great time.










No comments:

Post a Comment