A recent conversation with Caroline:
C: "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to have 2 kids. A boy and a girl."
M: "I think that sounds nice."
C: "Why do you have so many kids?"
M: "Um, I guess I just wanted to have three. Do you think that's too many or not enough."
C: "Definitely too many!"
M: "So who should we get rid of?"
C: smiles "Nevermind."
Caroline has also recently been enjoying pretending that she has a baby in her belly. This weekend she kept coming into the kitchen as I was doing the dishes, hiding a baby in her belly. Then she would tell me to look away so the baby could come out. She had 3 babies in the span of 5 minutes. When I congratulated her on triplets she corrected me by saying they were all different babies but that she didn't keep them, she liked giving them away.
A few weeks ago we met up with Ellen and Briggs at the pumpkin farm and then went to lunch with them afterwards. Ellen was encouraging conversation between Caroline and Briggs by having them discuss how their preschools were the same and different. While Briggs was trying to give an example to Caroline on how his preschool was different than hers, Caroline interrupted him by saying, "Briggs, you should really chew your food before talking. I can't even understand you!" Through my own laughter (and Ellen's) I corrected Caroline by making sure she knows that its rude to tell another person not to talk with food in their mouth unless they are the persons mommy or daddy. I know exactly where she got this table manner lesson; it's something that we say to Liam on a daily basis. Kids hear and see everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment