This weekend Caroline has a special slumber party planned with Adelie and Grammie Walles. Caroline and I had the following discussion.
M: Adelie is having a sleepover at Grammie's house and has invited you. Would you like to go?
C: (gasps) YES! Oh that will be so much fun!
M: Yes, it will be very special but please do not tell Lucy yet. She will have her own special time with Grammie and Briggs a different night. But I think Lucy will be sad about not getting to go this time with you.
C: That's a good idea. I'm really good at lying. You can't even tell when I'm lying.
-Evan and I laughing hysterically-
M: Caroline! You're not lying, you're just waiting to tell her. We can tell her on Friday that you'll be gone.
E: Caroline, it's not necessarily a good thing to be a great liar...
We're going to continue to work on identifying those positive character traits that each of our children have and making sure they know which of the ones are less desirable. Wish us luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment