picture

picture

Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Food

I am just going to confess right now...I love making Liam's baby food. I don't know if the satisfaction I get is because I am making something for him or if it's because I know how healthy it is and that there's no preservatives or chemicals in it, but I love to do it! It is however getting a little trickier as we are in a gray zone of what Liam can or can't do.

Liam can have lots of different vegetables, fruits, cereal and now our pediatrician has given the green light for yogurt and meat. The question is how do I deliver these foods. In the past 2 months all food has been pureed and frozen. Which has been extremely easy. Now Liam is getting into finger foods so I have to think....to puree or not to puree...that is the question!

I must also say that I have been extremely lucky that almost anything I put in front of him he will eat. (except kiwi) It doesn't matter how thick, thin, chunky or stringy it is....Liam will eat it!  Now that we will be venturing into finger foods I'm going to have to start planning Evan and mine's menu as well. It has been no secret that Liam eats better than anyone in this house! Liam eats first and when my husband asks me what's for dinner? My reply is "I don't know-any canned soup in the pantry?" Funny how once you have a child your priorities change to Baby first, me last.

Hopefully I can find some planning and organization skills hidden within me to start planning meals for all 3 of us! Until then enjoy my pictures of what I made for Liam this week!

                                       Some Baby Cereal Cookies cut into pumpkin shapes!

                 Liam loves squash! Summer squash, acorn squash, butternut squash-he'll eat it all!

                                                        
                                                            And a picture of my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment