picture

picture

Friday, October 14, 2011

Master Crawler...and anything else that involves movement

It's happening...the day I knew would come. Liam has become quite skilled at crawling. He can now crawl anywhere and everywhere...quickly.

Say goodbye to the days where I could set him on the floor to play with his toys while I rushed to the bathroom, or do the dishes, or fold the laundry. (I actually never did any of these things before anyway, well except use the bathroom, but now I can say that I can't get to it)

Liam has also become very talented at pulling himself to a stand...on anything. His toys, the chair, the couch, my legs, Butters, the TV stand, and the hamper. He also enjoys playing with electrical cords,  trying to unplug the computer has become a fun new game. I am so proud that he is gaining new skills every day, just some days I wish that they involved more sitting and less moving. :)

Liam is now 9 months old and is still in the 3rd percentile for weight. Coming in with a solid 15 pounds 6 ounces.  He is our little guy and while I think he's perfect the doctor wants us to try to fatten him up a bit. So, we have increased Liam's food intake and he is loving it. Toast loaded with butter has never gotten me excited but Liam giggles with delight when he sees us spreading those extra calories on. Dinner which used to include a veggie or two and some fruit now consists of meat, veggies, fruit, and of course toast. All with butter.

But wait, that's not all. He doesn't get just one serving of each, Liam gets as much as his little tummy desires. As long as he keeps opening his mouth we keep shoving in the food. This has resulted in mealtimes taking as long as an hour, and while we love interacting and playing with our little man watching someone eat for an hour gets a little boring. Mommy tends to get a little crazy and start singing Liam songs that I make up on the spot. I often am surprised at my creativeness but when I look towards my husband for approval at my wisdom I often get "the look."*  
*please see earlier posts

Hopefully this getting fat thing works out, I just have to remember only Liam is supposed to be gaining pounds. Butters and I are still supposed to be on a diet.

                                       Liam crawling away from the perfect fall photo backdrop.

1 comment: