picture

picture

Friday, November 30, 2012

Too many chefs in the kitchen

The other day I decided to make Evan’s favorite food so when he came home from a long day of work he would be greeted by the wondrous smell of chocolate chip cookies. (Yes, I am really that amazing wife that you should be jealous of)

Liam wanted to help so I decided to pull a chair up to the counter and show him how much fun it is to bake. I wasn’t about to forget that Liam is not even 2 and that all “helping” would be done with my hand still in the mix. (haha, I really make myself laugh)

I was showing Liam how to put the ingredients into the bowl. Thinking I was so smart I told him it was like we were a dump truck, dumping our load and going back for more. (This is a rhyme that we learned at our library story hour)

I put the cup into the sugar, grabbed Liam’s hand so that he could dump it into the bowl and......I pulled Liam right off his chair resulting in me holding him by his arm, midair, while he dumped sugar right into his face!

He of course was crying and screaming because I probably just scared him to death and also due to the fact that there was sugar in his eyes and all down his front. To make matters worse as I was trying to clean him off in the sink (that was surprisingly not filled with dirty dishes) Butters was licking the sugar off of the floor. So while I am trying to calm and soothe my frightened child I am also yelling at the dog to go away and stop eating sugar or you might die!

Liam did finally calm down, the dog did not die and Evan probably ate 7-8 cookies that night. I think that we can still call that a success. A.K.A I am the best mother, wife in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment