picture

picture

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birthdays are great!

Liam turned 2 on the 11th but his birthday party was just this past Saturday so I decided to combine my posts to include the actual day and the party into one entry.

Growing up in the Fink house on our birthday meant streamers on your door and down the stairs, picking out what you wanted to eat for you birthday meal and of course what kind of dessert you wanted as well. I want to do the same for Liam so at 7 am I was standing on our little step stool outside his door hoping that he would not wake up while I taped ribbon on his door (as I was out of streamers).  I found some balloons and decided that we would have them on his floor for him to play with and of course party hats (which did not go over as well-see below). I may have not been as quiet as I had hoped and in the midst of my blowing up the balloons Liam awoke. So Evan threw the balloons in his crib with him! Even better!










We met Staley and Aunt Ellen at the Children's Museum here in Normal and the kids had a blast! Painting, playing dress up and watching an impromptu performance by another little girl were just some of the things that we did in the morning.






                                                                                       

















Staley stayed for naptime so once the kids woke up we played with the balloons! And as Staley says: "We hit them and go CRAZY!"


Liam's birthday party went great! Breakfast food, fruit and cake were had by all! Our theme was "things that Liam's loves." so that includes trucks and The Muppets! The kids made puppets out of brown paper sacks and the adults played guess that muppet or truck! Of course Uncle Blair won by guessing all of the muppets correctly and most of the trucks. (we should have skyped Uncle Ethan and Aunt Adriane in to play the game as well, it would have been a close game!) Liam loved all of his presents and especially loved all the people who made his special day so special!



Dancing while eating his cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment