Well, the day started off great with a rocky middle and than we ended the night just as well as it started.
I awoke to Evan getting out of bed at 6:30 am. This is not the time that Evan usually gets up in the morning, I am the morning person in the relationship. I knew he was going to bring me breakfast in bed so I kept myself in bed in order for that to happen. Isn't that sweet? Forcing himself out of bed to honor the mother of his child with breakfast in bed. What a great husband!
Liam awoke shortly after and since Evan had left (apparently to buy bacon) I got up and let him cuddle with me. So far everything is still great.
Evan and Liam brought me pancakes, bacon, juice and flowers in bed. As well as a picture frame that Liam had painted for me. They also gave me my very pink slippers that they had bought the day earlier. (the shoes that Liam wasn't supposed to tell me about) I didn't want to eat alone upstairs so Evan thought he would bring up the rest of the food as well and we could all have a pancake picnic in bed. Again so far everything is just hunky dory.
When the world shifted out of alignment we're still not sure, but when Evan brought Liam his pancake already cut up he remembered that he is a toddler and he decided that he wasn't really doing his job and began to throw one of his famous tantrums right in the middle of our 'pancake picnic'. After a couple minutes of screaming and crying Evan had enough and picked him and the pancake up and downstairs they went. Leaving me in the wondrous sounds of silence. I came downstairs about 10 minutes later to Liam eating Cheerios instead. Apparently it wasn't a pancake kind of morning for him. Evan had also gotten me a dozen red roses. (He did really well this year didn't he!)
We continued the morning in crying and whining until we threatened that we would not go to church to see Grammie, Grandpa, Staley, Adelie, Aunt Ellen and Uncle Zach if we heard one more whiny cry. He apparently believed us and kept quiet until we got to church.
Returning home for lunch was met with more crying and whining with very little eating. So Evan put him down for a nap at 12:45. A slightly earlier naptime than usual, we parents couldn't take it anymore.
After a 2 1/2 hour nap my sweet boy was back. We played at the park, went to dinner and Liam played in the bathtub.
Evan got to mow the yard, I planted some grass and my flower pots. I did our laundry and cleaned the house (slightly).
Overall a pretty great day minus the 4 hours in the morning where there was a terrible two year old in the house. Thanks to my husband who truly made me feel taken care of. You didn't want me to clean the house or do the laundry but you respected that I was in the cleaning mood. (those cleaning moods don't come around too often, so when you get one, you gotta go with it)
Enjoy the pictures of the good moments today.
No comments:
Post a Comment