Adele's "Rumor Has It" has been making an imprint on Liam's memory for quite some time now. In May while Evan and I were visiting Adriane in D.C., Grammie Walles had Liam in the car with her. They were listening to a mix CD from one of Elliott's birthday parties. Adele began and ended and the CD moved forward as usual when Liam started asking Grammie for "More oo-mer." At 2 years and 4 months Liam's pronunciation of words was still struggling and Grammie didn't understand what he was saying. She thought he wanted more music so she kept playing the CD. Liam continued with his request becoming more urgent with each time he said "More oo-mer." Finally, it clicked and Grammie replayed Adele and Liam started dancing and bopping his head to the music.
Fast forward 7 months and what started as me just playing the CD while traveling in the car, because it is a great record, has now turned into wanting to hear that song every single time we are in the car. Once he has heard his song he is fine with continuing to listen to the rest of the CD but I am beginning to feel like we may never escape Adele. He even starts tapping his foot to the beat and tries to get me to turn around and watch him. (Even though I remind him I'm driving and I can't turn my head because the other drivers may not appreciate it. "Oh, hello officer. Yes I didn't see that tree and all of those cars because my son's new favorite song is Rumor has it by Adele. You know the one right? Very catchy, I think she won all those Grammy's with that record. Yes, well my son likes to tap his foot on the front seat and he wants me to watch so, you can understand, no need for a ticket this time right?)
Well here's hoping we find a new favorite song soon and I'll try to keep my eyes on the road. Enjoy!
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ReplyDelete