picture

picture

Monday, April 7, 2014

P is for....

I am fully aware that I have little patience. With this pregnancy I have zero patience. I am also fully aware that I have a 3 year old who needs lots of patience.

Today has been a trying day for the both of us. While convincing myself that it's ok if we sit and watch PBS for a couple extra shows than normal because I'm 31 weeks pregnant and am allowed to sit on the couch and rest, I decided that we should get up and go sit at the table where I wanted Liam to show me how he writes his name.

L:  'No! I don't want to write my name!'
M: 'I don't care what you want to do, that's what we're doing. (sigh, as I remember my lack of patience) Ok, if you don't want to write your name we could do your preschool letter book.'
L: 'Yes! I want to do that!'
 
After getting in trouble because he wanted to use a marker instead of crayons to circle the objects that start with M and P, and was "accidentally" writing on the table and all over his clothes....

L: 'I don't want to do this anymore!' through tears and screaming, 'I want to go in the playroom!'
M: ' I would like us to finish this page and then you may go into the living room and play.'
L: 'No! I don't want to do that!'
M: 'Ok, fine you can go to timeout because of how POOR your attitude is, which by the way also starts with the letter P!'

And coincidentally for me, so does the word patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment