Today marks my 37th week of pregnancy. We are in the final minutes of the race, we can see the finish line and are counting down the days. (18 in case you were wondering)
At my last appointment when the doctor measured my uterus (or my entire belly) I was measuring 39 cm. Pretty sure I've read that your uterus measures to the week that you are. Which means my belly is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I, of course, was freaking out with this new found fact but the doctor I'm sure has seen it all and didn't seem worried at all.
Also, you know your belly is big when even the doctor exclaims that "it's just a big basketball sitting here isn't it!?!?"
I'm starting to notice my patients be hesitant about turning their heads towards me while I clean their teeth. Could it be the giant baby that is right next to their ears that make them ignore my request to move their heads so I can see better? Most likely.
Liam likes to say to me, numerous times a day now, in a weird voice, "Look at your giant belly! Such a big baby in that belly!"
My husband continues to tell me to sit down and stop doing things. Even if I am walking to the bathroom or across the room. If I even mention the amount of Braxton Hicks contractions that I had during the day he immediately has a scowl on his face and tells me to sit down.
Am I prepared?
My hospital bag is mostly packed. There are the usual day to day items that I can't pack yet and I also don't have a going home outfit picked out yet either but these are things that I feel Evan can easily go get during my 2-3 day stay in the hospital. Dvd's and snacks have yet to be picked out as well. That might be even more important than the clothes that I have to wear home.
The babies room is almost ready. This past weekend we painted the drawers on the dresser, I finally found some storage baskets for under the changing table and the crib is put together with clean sheets. The clothes that are newborn to 3 months are folded, hung and organized. Everything else may be in boxes to the side of the room but I'm not worried about it. I know that a newborn doesn't do much and there will be plenty of time to organize clothes into containers later on. Doing this the second time around I can see why people are more relaxed.
I've started to prepare some meals and freeze them. Or I guess I should say that Evan is preparing them as I explain how to make the recipe.
Life with two children instead of one will be completely different and in this category I don't think it would matter if I took the time to read six books on the topic. Nothing will prepare me for this new and challenging chapter in our lives. It will be difficult, it will be trying, I may cry with the growing pains of our growing family. But it will also be so wonderful, so awesome and I can't wait to see how much more love my heart will feel for another beautiful blessing from God. I can't wait to see how Evan will be with another baby and I can't wait to see Liam's brotherly love blossom as well.
Ready or not this baby is coming! But we're mostly ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment