Yesterday my new little walker decided to scare me to death.
There is nothing like getting a call from your babysitter telling you that one of your children is hurt. Caroline was walking around the house, fell and apparently when she looked up there was blood everywhere!
My little sweet girl had bitten through her lower lip and I was in a panic.
What am I supposed to do? Do I have time to google this? What would you do? Where should I take her?
After numerous attempts to reach our pediatrician who was out of the office, I just decided to take her to prompt care and assess the situation when we saw her. Yes, we, because I was in tears when I was running out to my car and made Evan leave work too.
Once the babysitter met us I was relieved. The bleeding had stopped and my sweet Caroline was smiling. No tears from her as I had expected and feared. And her lip? We could definitely see the lacerations but at this point it just looked like a fat lip. Evan even wanted to walk out of the waiting room. We met with a wonderful, older grandpa-like doctor, who was very kind and gentle and no stitches were needed. He told us to give her a popsicle when we got home.

Selah did the same thing this past winter. I witnessed the whole thing which is absolutely horrifying to watch as her mom. Her little face bounced off the floor and when she looked up... just as you described... blood everywhere. I couldn't even tell where it was coming from! Cut lip? Missing teeth? Nose? Same thing though, resulted in a fat lip but when it first happens... good grief it's terrifying!
ReplyDelete