picture

picture

Friday, February 15, 2013

Hold your tongue

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'll just start this post off by saying what an awful wife I can be sometimes. Yesterday morning before we left for work, as we were struggling to pack everything up for Liam and put on our coats to leave for work and daycare, I said the following to my husband,

"Don't send me flowers today at work, they cost way too much on this one day of the year. If you do get me flowers pick them up on the way home from work and don't get me any in a vase because we have a million vases already in the basement. And get them from that place you got them the last time, those were very pretty."

While I'm saying all of those horrible things Evan is giving me the look like I'm crazy. Which made me realize that maybe he already bought me flowers and was already sending them to my work. And maybe I should shut my mouth and give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he is doing.

I did apologize right then and there.

After telling all of my coworkers and patients how horrible I was, at about 1:30 pm my coworkers brought back a dozen roses...in tissue paper....laughing.

I was laughing too and then called my husband to thank him for being so generous to such a controlling  horrible wife.  He told me he loved me anyway.

1 comment: