picture

picture

Friday, October 12, 2012

Sticks and stones....

may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Is such a bogus rhyme.

Apparently at the Children’s Museum here in Normal it was ‘let your kid do whatever they want while the parents just sat around on their phones or talked amongst themselves’ day. Ellen and I were unaware of this special day as there were no signs of declaration anywhere. (Ok, I am being sarcastic, but seriously lots of horrible children running around with no parents in sight)

In one particular instance I was taking Liam and Staley up the stairs to sit in the combine and pretend that they were harvesting corn. We met a little boy, maybe about 4, along the way who then decided that he was going to sit with the kids in the combine and take over the steering wheel giving my child and niece no steering time at all. Even after I asked him to stop and share.

Again no parent in sight and believe me Ellen and I were looking.

So this little boy, who doesn’t know how to share, looks at me and says “Are you their Grandma?”

No you wicked little monster, I am not their grandma! I am 29 years old!!!!! I may not be wearing any makeup and wearing my glasses today but I am not Grandma material. I did actually do my hair and was wearing jeans, a sweater and my knee high boots. (this is unheard of on a day off) I thought I was looking pretty good until this rotten child told me I was old.

But because I am so sweet I kindly told him who I was and excused Liam and Staley from his presence. They need not hear such blasphemy about their beloved mother and aunt.


1 comment: