picture

picture

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Washington D.C. here we come!

Last Thursday to Sunday, Evan and I spent with my sister Adriane in Washington D.C.  Adriane has lived in D.C. for 3 years now and due to my being pregnant, having a baby and nursing said baby I had never felt like it was a good idea to take a vacation to see her.

Until said baby turned (almost) 2 1/2 years old and throws tantrums like its his paid job.

Right now is the perfect time for Evan and I to take some time for ourselves.

So off we went, saw and did:

Day 1
The Old Post Office Pavilion
The Constitution, Bill of Rights and Magna Carta
The Sculpture Garden
The National Art Museum
The Library of Congress
The Capitol
Baltimore's inner harbor
Camden Yards, Orioles game

Day 2
Eastern Market
Georgetown
Mount Vernon
Washington Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and Korean Memorial at night

Day 3
Jefferson Memorial and MLK Jr. Memorial a half an hour before our flight left to come back home.

All of this in 90 degree heat, no air conditioning in Adriane's car and walking almost everywhere. Except for when we were in Adriane's non-air conditioned car. Did I mention that Adriane's car didn't have air conditioning? There were a few times where we thought Evan had passed out in the back seat.

Seriously though my sister is the best hostess! She never complained once about carting us around to all of these places, put up with us staying in her studio apartment (she slept on an air mattress for 3 nights!) and misplacing her things or being messy. She apologized many a times for not having air conditioning as this was the first time she had been in her car and the temperature was high enough to need it. She also didn't punch either of us in the face even though I'm sure there were many times she wanted to. ("So where are we going now?" about 50x -or-  "I don't want to eat there." "So what do you want to eat?" "I don't know, not that though." -or- "Find out how to get there Melissa." "It says to take this road." "Yeah, that's dumb, I'm not taking that road, why would it have us going that way. Are you sure you're reading that right."-or-"Evan do you want to go into the art museum?" "No, I'm good" "Melissa what's wrong with your husband, why doesn't he want to go into the art museum, it's right there, we are walking past it right now, Evan speak up if you want to go in there" "Don't look at me, he tells me he doesn't want to do stuff all the time, he probably really does want to go in there but I'm not speaking for him." "ok, fine, we'll just take a few minutes to look around" 30+ minutes later....)

We had just the most amazing time one can have with one of your favorite sisters! Thanks Adriane!

Walking through the Sculpture Gardens

Baltimore Orioles Game
Picture with Naty Boh

The Capitol

White House view from steps of Jefferson Memorial

Library of Congress

Baltimore Harbor


View of Potomac River from Mount Vernon

Lincoln Memorial

Inside Lincoln Memorial



No comments:

Post a Comment